From: Mark Hobley on
skyste- <ste(a)nospam.ste.it> wrote:
> I'm in doubt if can be a problem of compiled version or not. I'm sure
> that standard not compiled version works ok, this is running from many
> months, but also I'm stracing the compiled version and seems that ps |
> grep cause the problem.
>
> Do you have any hint to debug more and/or try to solve this issue?

That sounds like some sort of race condition. You pick up a process
identity, which exists as ps is running, but does not exist when you
come to do something with it.

Check that they are both using the same shell.

I would set up a test system similar to one of the ones that you are
having the problem on and try running both the raw script, and the
obfuscated versions rapidly in a continuous loop and count how many
times each version fails.

Alternatively, try to create a non-confidential equivalent and see if
you can get that to work. It would be a lot easier to debug if we could
see the script.

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/

From: skyste- on
Mark Hobley wrote:
> skyste- <ste(a)nospam.ste.it> wrote:
> Check that they are both using the same shell.
What do u mean?

> I would set up a test system similar to one of the ones that you are
> having the problem on and try running both the raw script, and the
> obfuscated versions rapidly in a continuous loop and count how many
> times each version fails.

Right idea. I'll try to do it.

> Alternatively, try to create a non-confidential equivalent and see if
> you can get that to work. It would be a lot easier to debug if we could
> see the script.

I'll post the script.