From: Dudley Hanks on
The term "Facescape" turned my mind to "landscape," so I thought I'd try to
use the face as the basis for an attempt to render 3D space in the image.

In the eye shot, I shot it as close as I could using a single tungsten lamp
off to the side, hoping that reflected highlights would bring out the
rounded cornea sitting on top of the rounded eyeball, with both being
exaggerated by the upward direction of the gaze.

In the bottle-neck shot, the lamp was on the far side of the face. I was
hoping the rounded shape of the bottle-neck, the lips and the nose would be
enhanced by the wrap-around effect of light. Also, I was hoping to create a
kind of diagonal as the bottle-neck rose as it neared the lips, with the
line continuing, though at a steeper angle, following the ridge of the nose.

Hopefully, some of the intended effects came across in the final images.

Take Care,
Dudley