From: bobicanprogram on
The SIMPL open source project is 10 years old. (http://
www.icanprogram.com/simpl). Almost all the development has been
Linux focused, but in recent years contributions from volunteer
developers have begun to expand that horizon somewhat.

The key to connectivity between the Linux and Windows worlds in SIMPL
has been this TCP/IP protocol:

http://www.icanprogram.com/simpl/tclSurrogate.html

So far we have Windows compatible libraries for this protocol written
in Tcl/Tk, Python and JAVA. One we are missing is a VB
implementation.

If someone on this list wants to practice their VB socket programming
skills, we at the SIMPL project would love to help you in any way we
can to see the above VB library added to our mix.

Contact me offlist if you are interested.

bob