From: Sam Guyer on
On Sep 5, 6:30 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 12:44 am, Sam Guyer <guy...(a)u.washington.edu> wrote:

> > > I was poking around the Internet and found something for you from
> > > Eagle Point, who now own SMI:
>
> > > The 10-year battery RAM card will draw power occasionally from the
> > > batteries of the HP 48. A low battery indication for the RAM card will
> > > happen when the calculator is not used for long periods of time, used
> > > occasionally or because the batteries in the HP 48 are/were weak.
>
> > > Read more about it at
>
> > >ftp://ftp2.eaglepoint.com/weblinks/WhitePapers/SMI/HP48%20FAQ.pdf
>
> > > Your best bet is to back your data up on your computer. Try to get the
> > > SMI Transfer program to do that. If you can't find it, let me know and
> > > I'll see if I still have mine.
>
> > I took a look, but I wasn't able to find the program.  From the Eagle
> > Point site it looks like they only offer it as part of a paid suite.
> > If you could find it I would really appreciate it, guyers u washington
> > (edu).  Thanks for your help!
>
> > -Sam- Hide quoted text -

> You're in luck! I have the SMI Transfer 98 on a 3.5" floppy. I hope
> you
> have a floppy drive. Which SMI COGO card are you using? What is
> your major at school?

I'm actually not using a COGO card, just the RAM expansion to help
hold my programs. I'm studying chemistry at UW and about to take a
stats class (one of the reasons for extra space). Will the card
transfer program still work without a COGO card?
From: PremiumBlend on
On Sep 5, 2:17 pm, Sam Guyer <guy...(a)u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 6:30 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I took a look, but I wasn't able to find the program.  From the Eagle
> > > Point site it looks like they only offer it as part of a paid suite.
> > > If you could find it I would really appreciate it, guyers u washington
> > > (edu).  Thanks for your help!
>
> > > -Sam- Hide quoted text -

> > You're in luck! I have the SMI Transfer 98 on a 3.5" floppy. I hope
> > you
> > have a floppy drive. Which SMI COGO card are you using? What is
> > your major at school?
>
> I'm actually not using a COGO card, just the RAM expansion to help
> hold my programs.  I'm studying chemistry at UW and about to take a
> stats class (one of the reasons for extra space).  Will the card
> transfer program still work without a COGO card?- Hide quoted text -

Okay, forget about the transfer program. I have the HP Serial
Interface
Kit on a floppy (version 1.01) that should work just fine for you. If
you
need a cable I have an extra one you could have. My email address
is mnhollinger(a)yahoo.com. Send me your mailing address and I'll
get those items out to you.
From: PremiumBlend on
On Sep 5, 2:17 pm, Sam Guyer <guy...(a)u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 6:30 am, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I took a look, but I wasn't able to find the program.  From the Eagle
> > > Point site it looks like they only offer it as part of a paid suite.
> > > If you could find it I would really appreciate it, guyers u washington
> > > (edu).  Thanks for your help!
>
> > > -Sam- Hide quoted text -

> > You're in luck! I have the SMI Transfer 98 on a 3.5" floppy. I hope
> > you
> > have a floppy drive. Which SMI COGO card are you using? What is
> > your major at school?
>
> I'm actually not using a COGO card, just the RAM expansion to help
> hold my programs.  I'm studying chemistry at UW and about to take a
> stats class (one of the reasons for extra space).  Will the card
> transfer program still work without a COGO card?- Hide quoted text -

I guess I'm not savvy on the workings of this newsgroup because my
email address is being partially masked. Try this address:
mnhollinger_at_yahoo.com.
From: Sam Guyer on
On Sep 5, 12:32 pm, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2:17 pm, Sam Guyer <guy...(a)u.washington.edu> wrote:

> > > You're in luck! I have the SMI Transfer 98 on a 3.5" floppy. I hope
> > > you
> > > have a floppy drive. Which SMI COGO card are you using? What is
> > > your major at school?
>
> > I'm actually not using a COGO card, just the RAM expansion to help
> > hold my programs.  I'm studying chemistry at UW and about to take a
> > stats class (one of the reasons for extra space).  Will the card
> > transfer program still work without a COGO card?- Hide quoted text -

> I guess I'm not savvy on the workings of this newsgroup because my
> email address is being partially masked. Try this address:
> mnhollinger_at_yahoo.com.

I took a look and found a HP Serial Interface program here:

http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/link/link48.zip

Is this the same one that you have? I just wanted to make sure I
couldn't find what I needed online before you took the time to send
something to me :-) Thanks for all your help!
From: PremiumBlend on
On Sep 6, 2:26 am, Sam Guyer <guy...(a)u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 12:32 pm, PremiumBlend <mnhollin...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > I'm actually not using a COGO card, just the RAM expansion to help
> > > hold my programs.  I'm studying chemistry at UW and about to take a
> > > stats class (one of the reasons for extra space).  Will the card
> > > transfer program still work without a COGO card?- Hide quoted text -

> > I guess I'm not savvy on the workings of this newsgroup because my
> > email address is being partially masked. Try this address:
> > mnhollinger_at_yahoo.com.
>
> I took a look and found a HP Serial Interface program here:
>
> http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/link/link48.zip
>
> Is this the same one that you have?  I just wanted to make sure I
> couldn't find what I needed online before you took the time to send
> something to me :-)  Thanks for all your help!- Hide quoted text -

Looks like the same program I have. Seems like you're all set. Best
of luck with your chemistry degree!