From: Rich Wales on
> You're supposed to use sender-dependent AUTHENTICATION in combination
> with sender-dependent RELAYHOST. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

I was trying to describe a situation in which a site might have to deal
with two separate relay hosts . . .

where the choice of relay is dependent on the destination address (not
the sender address) . . .

and where both of these relay hosts are configured with sender-dependent
authentication schemes, and both relay hosts are prepared to accept mail
from the same set of senders . . .

but the username / password databases on the two separate relay hosts
are different . . .

and it doesn't appear that Postfix can handle this right now, because it
doesn't seem to have any way of choosing a username / password to send
to the relay host based *both* on the identity of the sender *and* the
identity of the relay host *together*.

I've managed to clean up my own setup (thanks for your earlier help in
this regard), so this is no longer an immediate need of mine, but I
could imagine some other people might run into this kind of issue, so
it seemed to still be worth bringing up.

Rich Wales
richw(a)richw.org

From: Wietse Venema on
Rich Wales:
> > You're supposed to use sender-dependent AUTHENTICATION in combination
> > with sender-dependent RELAYHOST. Otherwise, it makes no sense.
>
> I was trying to describe a situation in which a site might have to deal
> with two separate relay hosts . . .

That makes absolutely no sense with sender-dependent authentication.

Wietse