From: anna on
Problem #1 solved. Itr is now associated properly.

I uninstalled Front Page 2003 again, this time I ran CCleaner. I removed
issues that had to do with Front Page files left behind, and also some
issues identified as Open With something or other.

Then I ran Reg Edit and ran a search for Front Page. [I backed up the
registry of course] I deleted all keys that pointed to Front Page 2003 in
Program Files. That was where I installed Front Page in a stand alone
folder.

When I reinstalled Front Page, just now, I allowed it to install under
Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.

I then changed the file association in default programs from Internet
Explorer to Front Page. Front Page Icon went into the default program list
easily this time

Aparently there were registry keys that said one thing, and I wanted it to
behave differently.

However, when I open Front Page, the Windows Installer that says "Installing
Front Page Office Feature". When that closes, Front Page opens with the web
page I clicked on. Any idea what is causing Windows Installer to activate
when I open a Web page with Front Page?

--
@nna

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
Depends on how you installed FP
- if you selected any options in FP to Install on Demand / 1st Use, that may be causing it
From Add/ Remove Programs reinstall FP and check for any Install on 1st use or Demand options
Then go to Windows Updates and check for any updates
(there probably are Office related Updates required)

From: anna on
"Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Depends on how you installed FP
> - if you selected any options in FP to Install on Demand / 1st Use, that
> may be causing it
> From Add/ Remove Programs reinstall FP and check for any Install on 1st
> use or Demand options
> Then go to Windows Updates and check for any updates
> (there probably are Office related Updates required)

> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>

> "anna" <anna(a)accblockspamcom> wrote in message
> Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.

I did a Complete install. after running setup from the disc. Is it
possible to run as repair and remove something? I reinstalled the service
packs. I am not sure what to look for?

--
@nna

From: anna on
>> SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
>> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
>>

>> "anna" <anna(a)accblockspamcom> wrote in message
>> Program files, Office. I set the Internet Options Editor to Front Page.
>>

> I did a Complete install. after running setup from the disc. Is it
> possible to run as repair and remove something? I reinstalled the service
> packs. I am not sure what to look for?
>
> --
> @nna

I reinstalled from Add/Remove. It did not give me any options to change the
install or remove an Install On Demand.

--
@nna

From: Stefan B Rusynko on
It won't if you select Complete Install
- Select the Custom Option
(you are looking for install on demand options that you may be using for your locale)