From: Adrian Glaubitz on
Dear fellows,

I have an 5 year old SONY KV-29LS30 TV set (Chassis FE-2)
which started to shutdown itself from today resulting
in the power LED flashing 2 times. I am able to switch
the set back on once I turn off/on the main-power switch.

When I then enter error diagnosis menu with the well-known
keystrokes on the remote, the error-diagnosis display
a non-zero value for E02 (OCP) which was 12. After
a while of normal operation the TV would shutdown
again and so on, every time increasing the counter
for the E02, but all other errors remaining zero.

An quick-Google research yielded a shutdown due
to overcurrent a B+ (thus OverCurrentProtection)
and one site blamed R618 (270K). Anyone has any
further suggestions ?

Best Regards,

Adrian
From: Adrian Glaubitz on
Hello,

> An quick-Google research yielded a shutdown due
> to overcurrent a B+ (thus OverCurrentProtection)
> and one site blamed R618 (270K). Anyone has any
> further suggestions ?

After some more deeper examination it appears that
there must be some dry colder-joints. The malfunction
can be triggered when I hit the table the set is on.

But where to look for them ? I read something about
the M-Board ?

Adrian