From: Uri Dimant on
Steven
In addition to others
---This first thing to check if CPU is at 100% is to look for parallel
queries:

-- Tasks running in parallel (filtering out MARS requests below):

select * from sys.dm_os_tasks as t

where t.session_id in (

select t1.session_id

from sys.dm_os_tasks as t1

group by t1.session_id

having count(*) > 1

and min(t1.request_id) = max(t1.request_id));

-- Requests running in parallel:

select *

from sys.dm_exec_requests as r

join (

select t1.session_id, min(t1.request_id)

from sys.dm_os_tasks as t1

group by t1.session_id

having count(*) > 1

and min(t1.request_id) = max(t1.request_id)

) as t(session_id, request_id)

on r.session_id = t.session_id

and r.request_id = t.request_id;

From: TheSQLGuru on
So, you are seeing all of the indicators you list below AND you state
elsewhere that CPUs run 80+% regularly. Exactly how many indicators do you
NEED before you accept that you do have CPU pressure and start looking for
ways to rectify said problem?? :-)

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: Steven on
Sorry it took so long to get back to you all, but thanks everybody for your