From: Peter Newman on
Im having trouble rying to mirroe a test database from one SQL2005 Server to
a second SQL2005 Server

I created a test database on SQL 1 ( server 1 ) and mad a full back up . i
did a restore on SQL 2 ( server 2 ) through Management Studio and set the
recovery option to RESTORE WITH NORECOVERY. when ok the restore it give me a
msgbox stating the restore was sucessful. However in the Managenent Studio
the sate of the database is restoring and i can not gain any access to any of
the tables.

Is this correct as i and wanting to mirror from SQL 1. should i be able to
open the database on SQL 2 and view all the tables ?

if i try and look at the properties of the database on SQL2 i get the
following error

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Cannot show requested dialog.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Cannot show requested dialog. (SqlMgmt)

------------------------------

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

Database 'TestCashbacs' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore.
(Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 927)

For help, click:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.1399&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=927&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------

From: Tibor Karaszi on
A mirror database is not available for any type of work. It is in an endless restoring state (so to
speak). This so that log records can be added to it from the principal.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp

From: Jasper Smith on
However you can create a snapshot of a mirror database and query that.

--
HTH,
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)

"Tibor Karaszi" <tibor_please.no.email_karaszi(a)hotmail.nomail.com> wrote in
message news:%23QLuw3DHGHA.2680(a)TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...