From: Chris Visscher Chris on
L.S.

I encountered the same error today.

When I wasn't able to update using the Microsoft Update website, I decided
to download the update package from download.microsoft.com. I installed the
SQL server 2008 SP1 using this installation package:
SQLServer2008SP1-KB968369-x86-ENU.exe.

Unfortunately, this didn't work either, but it did gave me a complete error
report wich included the message that I didn't have enough diskspace
available. (Eventhoug at the beginning of this proces I had more than 1 Gb of
free space on this drive).

After freeing up large amounts of space (15 extra Gb's) I repeated the
process using the installation package and this time the installation was
succesful.

Hope this might be helpful.