From: John Bell on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:40:20 -0700, Thomas
<Thomas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I first downloaded the SQL Server 2008 Developer (x86, x64, ia64) - DVD
>(English) edition and I had this problem, then uninstalled that edition and
>installed the SQL Server 2008 Workgroup (x86, x64) - DVD (English) edition,
>and I still have the same problem.
>
>"Jeffrey Williams" wrote:
>
>> Are you sure you downloaded and installed the Developer and Enterprise
>> Editions? It looks like you have the Express Edition or are using the
>> express edition of the tools.
>>
>> "Thomas" <Thomas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The editions of SQL Server 2008 that is available for download from the
>> > MSDN
>> > subscription only has �SQL Server Logs� and �Legacy� under Management
>> > branch.
>> >
>> > At the top it reads SQLExpress and the version 10.0.1600.22
>> > ((SQL_PreRelease).080709-1414 )
>> >
>> > Do I need to install something else? Or is this just the case with the
>> > ediions from the MSDN subscription?

SQL Express is the opnly version which doesn't support Maintenance
Plans. You don't say if you if you are connected to a named instance
or not.

John
From: Thomas on
I don't believe it. I put in (local) when I connected to the database engine
and everything appeared. Thanks for your help, dumb mistake by me.