From: Thomas on
I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I
have installed them my computer and I am trying to develop maintenance and
backup plans. However, either edition developer or workgroup have this
functionality provided by the installation. Can you please explain why this
is the case? I have downloaded them from our MSDN subscription.
From: John Bell on
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:23:02 -0700, Thomas
<Thomas(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have downloaded the SQL Server 2008 developer and workgroup editions. I
>have installed them my computer and I am trying to develop maintenance and
>backup plans. However, either edition developer or workgroup have this
>functionality provided by the installation. Can you please explain why this
>is the case? I have downloaded them from our MSDN subscription.

What do you mean by this. Maintenance plans can be created by right
clicking the Management/Maintenance Plans brnach in the object
explorer in SQL Server Management Studio.

John
From: Thomas on
The editions of SQL Server 2008 that is available for download from the MSDN
subscription only has “SQL Server Logs” and “Legacy” under Management branch.

At the top it reads SQLExpress and the version 10.0.1600.22
((SQL_PreRelease).080709-1414 )

Do I need to install something else? Or is this just the case with the
ediions from the MSDN subscription?

From: Jeffrey Williams on
Are you sure you downloaded and installed the Developer and Enterprise
Editions? It looks like you have the Express Edition or are using the
express edition of the tools.

From: Thomas on
I first downloaded the SQL Server 2008 Developer (x86, x64, ia64) - DVD
(English) edition and I had this problem, then uninstalled that edition and
installed the SQL Server 2008 Workgroup (x86, x64) - DVD (English) edition,
and I still have the same problem.