From: Geoff Schaller on
Hi Folks,

Thanks to Kevin Murphy there some bug fixes to this version. I also made
sure the help manual is included and is integrated into the F1 key.
Fixes include:

* xml export of SQL tables
* table designer create button
* table report
* a few other places where I missed 2008 schema upgrade issues

If you already have SQL Master installed, simply use the updater icon.
If you want it, you can get it from here:

http://www.softwareobjectives.com.au/downloads/sqlmaster/sqlmaster.msi

The file is 10MB now that the help file is included. It also uses my new
COM dll for error handling and logging but it should self register.

Regards,

Geoff Schaller

From: Kevin on
Geoff,

Some feedback on the update.

Used the Updater to download and run the installer.

Starting SQL Master it asks to continue to upgrade 2.2.3 to 2.2.4

Click Yes - sits there 'Registering components' for 15 mins

End Task it

Restart SQL Master as Administrator, get the upgrade notice, click Yes

Get message: Could not find item.
This is no longer located in C:@\Program Files\Software Objectives\SQL
Master\Register.txt. Verify the item's location and try again. A check
in the folder shows Register.bat but not Register.txt.

Click Try Again and it seemed to go ok.

Then when SQL Master started the Connection List was empty. Should it
have been?

Kevin

From: Geoff Schaller on
Kevin,

> Click Yes - sits there 'Registering components' for 15 mins
> End Task it

I guess you aren't a local administrator. I might look into that but I
need to determine how to work out that you don't have administrative
privileges. Actually I'll rebuild the installer to demand admin
privileges and I will register the COM items with the installer. I think
this is better. This is now done. Anyone downloading from now will get
the corrected version.

> This is no longer located in C:@\Program Files\Software Objectives\SQL
> Master\Register.txt. Verify the item's location and try again. A check
> in the folder shows Register.bat but not Register.txt.

An untidiness now corrected. It did nothing. Sorry.

> Then when SQL Master started the Connection List was empty. Should it
> have been?

Yes - I would not know in advance how to connect to your servers on your
PC. You make new connections from here (you can have several auto
start).

Thanks for the feedback.

Geoff

From: Kevin on
Geoff,

I have the UAC turned on using Windows Vista. The only reason I
mentioned the register.txt file was in case it was supposed to be the
bat file and that was why it had failed.

Did the way the connection works between versions of SQL Master change
or even the way the program stores the information? If not why not just
leave the config file so that the information is preserved? If there is
a change in the way you store the information a conversion function,
either run by the installer when the program starts, would be a nice
touch for users. These are suggestions for future updates more than
anything else.

From: Kevin on
Geoff,

I have just found another couple of odd behaviours in SQL Master.

1. Right-click a User table and select View Script. The resultant script
only shows the first field in the table and the create index script.

2. Right-click a User Table and select Write SQL Scripts then any of the
Create Script options. The script loads in a panel on the right as
expected, but also appears to be displayed on the left on top of the
TreeView. Clicking in this then shows a single tree item. Using the
cursor keys allows movement through the TreeView and displays the items
as you move. If you right-click an option and select Refresh TreeView,
if available, it is redrawn. This behaviour only occurs when there are
no open pages on the right-hand side.

Kevin