From: John Couch on
I have tried to test this, but even with 30 million records int he table the
index is created so fast that executing the query and hitting an sp_who2
isn't either showing a block, or there isn't one at all. Does anyone know if
creating a non-clustered index is a blocking operation? I was thinking it
might be if the index was being created on the same fields the where clause
was querying on. Unless the create nonclustered index statement uses a nolock
statement on the values. Any help would be great. thanks.