From: gerry on
Hello Charles ,

I just saw your response on microsoft.com/communities - I found it via
google as it never showed up on the newsgroup ?!?

The problem isn't the that the exception is thrown ( in fact I want the user
to see them ) , the problem is that once an exception is thrown the web
service call will fail 100% of the time after that until the sql service is
restarted.

The only time we see any exceptions being thrown is after the webservice
machine is rebooted. We can access the web service after a reboot from the
sql server machine via web browser but not from the sqlclr webservice call .

Gerry

"Charles Wang [MSFT]" 4/2/2010 5:31 PM PST

Hi,
Once you receive a thread abort exception, even you use
catch to handle it.
It will still be thrown out after the catch handling
unless you call
ResetAbort().Does the following code help for you?
==============================
try{
string response = ws.Call1( null , null , Method , Arg1 );
}
catch(ThreadAbortException ex)
{
Thread.ResetAbort();
... //put your code here for additional handling
}
catch(Exception){
.../*Other exception handling*/
}
=================================

Best regards,
Charles Wang

From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
Gerry,
I have not been able to reproduce your issue. There must be some crash
happened in the SQL Server process. To track the root cause of this issue,
dump analysis will be helpful, but this requires you contact Microsoft
Customer Support Services (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support
Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner. Please be advised
that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a
look at the web site listed below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for
regional support phone numbers.