From: Joe K. on

I have a database server that has three SQL Server 2005 database instances
which one I am unable to start the SQL Server 2005 agent. I received the
error listed below when I tried to start the agent.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.

Please help me with process to resolve this issue.

Thank You,
From: Abhi on
On May 28, 7:56 pm, Joe K. <J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
Try to check if the service account have proper permissions at OS /
SQL Server level.
Check the sqlagent.out file also for errors.