From: ES on
We recently moved an existing server which runs a SQL Server 2005
instance to a network located behind a firewall. Prior to moving the
server behind the new firewall, I was able to Start/Stop/Pause/etc the
SQL Server engine and Agent from my local machine using SQL Server
Management Studio. Since the move though, the options to Start/Stop/
Pause/etc SQL Server and the Agent are grayed out and the status of
the server just appears as a white circle instead of the normal green
circle. At this point, I am assuming their is some port that we failed
to open since it was working fine until we moved the server. Can
anyone point me in the correction direction on how to correct this?