From: brad on
Hi,
I am having trouble installing Security Update KB970895 for SLQ Server 2005
SP2. It fails to install and out an error core 1603 in the application log
from source MsiInstaller. It also gives an error 10005 saying that the
previous upgrade did not complete. I followed the instructions to complete
the previous upgrade but that fails. It is looking for sqlrun_sql.msi , and
when I point it to that file it says the file is not a valid installation
package for hte product Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. I also
looked in the installation log Summary.txt and it says " The product instance
SQL Tools has had update 4035 applied. You cannot install GDR update 3080
overtop update 4035. An update of build equal to or greater than 3353 should
be downloaded."

Where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.
--
bb
From: "Charles Wang [MSFT]" on
Hi bb,
For further diagnostics, could you please first send me the setup logs for
further research?
By default, the logs are located at %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\Log. Please compress the folder and send it to
me. If the file is large, please first send me an email at
changliw_at_microsoft_dot_com. Once I receive your email, I will create a
file workspace for you to upload the files.

Best regards,
Charles Wang