From: Netaji on
Hi Experts
Few days back we faced an issue with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The error
message which I retrieved from Eventviewer at the time of SQL server failure
is as follows –

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid
(expected 1:932354; actual 22624:1041497854). It occurred during a read of
page (1:932354) in database ID 2 at offset 0x000001c7404000 in file
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'.
Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may
provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database
integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database
consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors;
for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

This has happened twice with production database server and it makes the SQL
Server inaccessible and leaves us with no option other than reinstalling SQL
Server. Please let us know the root cause of this failure and what are the
preventive measures we can opt to avoid the same failure in future.

Please suggest what is happening

Thanks & Regards
Netaji B Sapkal

From: Tigo on
On May 24, 7:52 am, Netaji <Net...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts
> Few days back we faced an issue with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The error
> message which I retrieved from Eventviewer at the time of SQL server failure
> is as follows –
>
> SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect pageid
> (expected 1:932354; actual 22624:1041497854). It occurred during a read of
> page (1:932354) in database ID 2 at offset 0x000001c7404000 in file
> 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'.
> Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may
> provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database
> integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database
> consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors;
> for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
>       For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://go..microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
> This has happened twice with production database server and it makes the SQL
> Server inaccessible and leaves us with no option other than reinstalling SQL
> Server. Please let us know the root cause of this failure and what are the
> preventive measures we can opt to avoid the same failure in future.
>
> Please suggest what is happening
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Netaji B Sapkal

Hi,

when you restart SQL service, TempDB shoud be recreated. Why do you
have to reinstall SQL Server?
Maybe you have a problem with the disk. You should check your disk
sistem.
From: Erland Sommarskog on
Netaji (Netaji(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> Few days back we faced an issue with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. The
> error message which I retrieved from Eventviewer at the time of SQL
> server failure is as follows �
>
> SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect
> pageid (expected 1:932354; actual 22624:1041497854). It occurred during
> a read of page (1:932354) in database ID 2 at offset 0x000001c7404000 in
> file
> 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf'.
> Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may
> provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens
> database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full
> database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by
> many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
>

> This has happened twice with production database server and it makes the
> SQL Server inaccessible and leaves us with no option other than
> reinstalling SQL Server. Please let us know the root cause of this
> failure and what are the preventive measures we can opt to avoid the
> same failure in future.

Reinstall? That sounds a bit hefty.

Anyway, the most likely reason for this is bad hardware. You should
replace that disk before disaster strikes for real. And, yeah, since
you have SQL Server on that disk, you may be in for a reinstall, unless
you can copy the disk with Ghost or similar program.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: TheSQLGuru on
Often this is the result of an unpatched driver or firmware. I would
upgrade those on the system (and I mean ALL driver/firmware).

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.