From: Jeff Waskiewicz on
Hello,

I have just completed a migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2008 and am in the
process of applying the finishing touches on the SQL 2008 server. I am
currently creating Alerts and was looking for recommendations on what
performance alerts to add. I have added a few obvious ones like Deadlocks =
1 and errors/sec > 0 and as I am new to SQL Server 2008 I was wondering what
other counters people alert on regularly. I did some quick Googling but
couldn't find any satisfactory articles.

Some quick specs on my system, the database is primarily a back-end for our
Intranet and Website. It's only around 5GB and the server is a quad core
with 24 GB of of RAM on Windows 2008 R2. We only have a few SSIS packages
and our planning to ramp up our use of Reporting Services from zero over the
course of the year. I am sure there are a number of performance issues in
our query design and implementation as well as table design. I believe most
of these we created and optimized for SQL Server 7 and 8.

Any suggestions appreciated...

--
Regards,

Jeff
From: Uri Dimant on
Jeff
Visit http://www.karaszi.com/SQLServer/default.asp to see article for alert
considerations

"Jeff Waskiewicz" <JeffWaskiewicz(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1157A02A-EB38-429E-97A5-3B1345916F35(a)microsoft.com...