From: Erland Sommarskog on
ken (keung61581(a)yahoo.com.hk) writes:
> we found the problem cause the sql server clock late 5 min, and 5 min
> later we do the shutdown action.
>
> but how can we fix the problem of the 1% remain memory problem
>
> we are using X64 sql server 2005 cluster and run on window server 03
>
> The total memory of sql server is 16G ram
>
> The machine is physical run in FT server

There is still information missing. If I am to make a guess the problem
is a buggy driver. Do you see any messages in the error log about SQL
Server memory being paged out?

Do you use Standard or Enterprise Edition?

In the meanwhile, set Max Server Memory to 12 GB.

But if the problem persists, I would recommend you to open a case with
Microsoft. Probably one needs to have more information about your system
than what is practical in a newsgroup. CSS (Microsoft support) has tool
to collect information.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: ken on
i use Enterprise Edition

thanks

Regards,
Ken
"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel(a)sommarskog.se>
???????:Xns9DAF7EE975450Yazorman(a)127.0.0.1...

From: Erland Sommarskog on
ken (keung61581(a)yahoo.com.hk) writes:
> i use Enterprise Edition

Make sure that your service account has been granted the Windows permission
"Lock pages in memory". If the problem is a buggy driver urspurping the
memory in the machine, this can prevent SQL Server from being the victim.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: ken on
The service account is domain administrator, i think have enought
permission, thank for your help

Regards,
Ken

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel(a)sommarskog.se>
???????:Xns9DB46D70736BBYazorman(a)127.0.0.1...

From: Erland Sommarskog on
ken (keung61581(a)yahoo.com.hk) writes:
> The service account is domain administrator, i think have enought
> permission, thank for your help

Well, I'm not saying that Lock Pages in Memory is what is missing, but
it's a precaution to make. From what you have told us, it is very difficult
to give a diagnosis. Your system hosed up, and there can be any number of
reasons for that.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: