From: ken on
Hi All,

we found that the sql server can't connect and the log show below message,
but we haven't do any shutdown action before, but the physical available
memory is 1% at that time, anyone know that if the available memoery not
enought will cause below message, thanks.

06/30/2010 10:14:19,spid5s,Unknown,SQL Trace was stopped due to server
shutdown. Trace ID = '1'. This is an informational message only; no user
action is required.

Regards,
Ken

From: Erland Sommarskog on
ken (keung61581(a)yahoo.com.hk) writes:
> we found that the sql server can't connect and the log show below message,
> but we haven't do any shutdown action before, but the physical available
> memory is 1% at that time, anyone know that if the available memoery not
> enought will cause below message, thanks.
>
> 06/30/2010 10:14:19,spid5s,Unknown,SQL Trace was stopped due to server
> shutdown. Trace ID = '1'. This is an informational message only; no user
> action is required.

The message as such is nothing strange: SQL Server was shut down, and as
part of the shutdown the "black box" trace was stopped, which is what
this message says.

But are you trying to say that no one issued a shutdown request and
SQL Server somehow stopped itself or was stopped by the OS without
human interaction? I've never heard of this, at least not in this clean
way. (SQL Server could of course crash and perish that way.) Having only
1% of free memory is of course a little extreme, but since SQL Server
normally allocates as much memory it thinks it needs and then yields
if some other process needs that memory, it may not be that much cause for
alarm anyway.

From the little information you give, it's impossible to say something
authoratively, but my guess would be that some person did shutdown
SQL Server after all.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: ken on
Thanks Erland Sommarskog,
should i limit the sqlserver.exe memory to prevent abnormal problem ?

Regards,
Ken

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel(a)sommarskog.se>
???????:Xns9DAC6B872862Yazorman(a)127.0.0.1...

From: Erland Sommarskog on
ken (keung61581(a)yahoo.com.hk) writes:
> should i limit the sqlserver.exe memory to prevent abnormal problem ?

It's difficult to say without further knowledge about your system.

Which version and edition of SQL Server do you have?

What architecture do you have, x86 or x32?

How much memory is there in the box?

Are there other applications runnings in the machine?

Is the machine physical or virtual? If the latter, which virtualising
software do you use?

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: ken on
Hi Erland Sommarskog,

we found the problem cause the sql server clock late 5 min, and 5 min later
we do the shutdown action.

but how can we fix the problem of the 1% remain memory problem

we are using X64 sql server 2005 cluster and run on window server 03

The total memory of sql server is 16G ram

The machine is physical run in FT server

Regards,
Ken

"Erland Sommarskog" <esquel(a)sommarskog.se>
???????:Xns9DAD6F849808Yazorman(a)127.0.0.1...