From: Piotr on
Could you help me to find answer, if I can use following solution for my SQL
backup please?

I have local backup drive for my SQL 2008 Standard Edition server (installed
on Windows 2008) which is almost out of space. Unfortunately I found that
only SQL 2008 EE supports direct backup compressions so I'm not able to use
this feature. My idea is to compress backup folder what would probably fix my
problem? I found that if my database would be bigger than 30GB, backup won't
be taken but it is not a problem in my case as I have around 100 of DB but
smaller than 1GB.

So my questions are:
1. What is disadvantage of the solution?
2. What problems can I find?