From: Abba on
Hello,

[SQL2000]

We have a scheduled Nightly job that backup the database from Server1 across
the network to Server2. The backup is spread across 3 files -
\\server2\share1\file1.BAK, \\server2\share1\file2.BAK &
\\server2\share2\file1.BAK.

Now, my boss wants to know the size of these files after the backup is done.
He was wondering if its possible to add another step to the job that will
email our team the respective filesizes in GB, after the backup is
completed. Is this possible?

tia,
AbbA

From: TheSQLGuru on
see the backupset table in BOL.

or you can use xp_cmdshell or other methods to examine the file size
directly from the OS.

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.