From: Carlos A. on
Hi All,
I have a requirement to be monitoring the SQL connnection to one server, and
before to do a process to be loggin into a table each log in and each log
out, I would like to ask you if you know if exists something in SQL that
could be saving all the conections for a range of time.

I don't want to use the SQL profiler because it depends if the DBA turn it
or not. the solution should be something that can be installed and/or reader
directly from the server.

Thanks
Carlos A. Lopez
From: jgurgul on
Hi Carlos

It will depend on your version of sql as to which options you have. SQL2008
for example has a much improved auditing functionality for a variety of areas
which you may also want to look at.

The easiest way would be to enable sql "Login Auditing" and use that.

How to: Configure Login Auditing (SQL Server Management Studio)

A DDL trigger approach could also be an option depending on the version of
SQL that you are using. (2005 onwards)

Logon Triggers

This could also be done via wmi and event watching, but would require a
little bit more work to setup.

Jon

"Carlos A." wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a requirement to be monitoring the SQL connnection to one server, and
> before to do a process to be loggin into a table each log in and each log
> out, I would like to ask you if you know if exists something in SQL that
> could be saving all the conections for a range of time.
>
> I don't want to use the SQL profiler because it depends if the DBA turn it
> or not. the solution should be something that can be installed and/or reader
> directly from the server.
>
> Thanks
> Carlos A. Lopez

Pages: 1