From: Archana on
hi all,

I am facing one problem regarding sql server 2000. Client has reported
that due to some queries cpu utilization on dataase server reches
100. We executed same queries on local environment, but not getting
this problem.
And client is saying that this is not happening always. sometime it is
happening then client has to restart system.

If any one can shed some light on it then it will be really helpful
for me.

thanks in advance.
From: Plamen Ratchev on
There could be many reasons for that (like using inefficient plans due to parameter sniffing). Best would be to use
server side trace to capture some queries that cause the high CPU utilization and then to analyze the execution plans.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com
From: TheSQLGuru on
Is the data volume the same between the environments? Database and server
settings the same? Physical hardware the same? Indexes the same?
Statistics updated on both boxes? Fragmentation the same?

Those are just the tip of the iceberg of issues that could be at play here.

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.