From: BobLarsonFanClub4Jesus on
I have some software that uses SQL 2008 on my Win Vista Enterprise
machine. This morning I loaded Foxpro 9.. which was upgrading 8. Now
as I try to connect to the sql server it renders a timeout expired
error. When I get in query anaylizer I changed the timeout to >5
seconds. It will now connect after approx 30 seconds every time. I
still am unable to get into my pos software each time. I finally now
just got in w/out it expiring, although every transaction takes much
longer than is used to. So what exactly is slowing down the process?
Also, I already uninstalled fox9..... it was no help..
From: Erland Sommarskog on
BobLarsonFanClub4Jesus (KenOzzyHattan(a)jesusanswers.com) writes:
> I have some software that uses SQL 2008 on my Win Vista Enterprise
> machine. This morning I loaded Foxpro 9.. which was upgrading 8. Now
> as I try to connect to the sql server it renders a timeout expired
> error. When I get in query anaylizer I changed the timeout to >5
> seconds. It will now connect after approx 30 seconds every time. I
> still am unable to get into my pos software each time. I finally now
> just got in w/out it expiring, although every transaction takes much
> longer than is used to. So what exactly is slowing down the process?
> Also, I already uninstalled fox9..... it was no help..

I don't really have an idea of what is going on, but have you tried to
restart SQL Server? Reboot the entire machine?

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: i79947 on
BobLarsonFanClub4Jesus <KenOzzyHattan(a)jesusanswers.com> wrote:
> I have some software that uses SQL 2008 on my Win Vista Enterprise
> machine. This morning I loaded Foxpro 9.. which was upgrading 8. Now
> as I try to connect to the sql server it renders a timeout expired
> error. When I get in query anaylizer I changed the timeout to >5
> seconds. It will now connect after approx 30 seconds every time. I
> still am unable to get into my pos software each time. I finally now
> just got in w/out it expiring, although every transaction takes much
> longer than is used to. So what exactly is slowing down the process?
> Also, I already uninstalled fox9..... it was no help..

Foxpro has nothing to do with SQL-server unless you configure it
to connect. Without knowing the details of your server architecture
it is impossible to diagnose the problem.
--
JS