From: George H on
Hello,

I have 2 separate Access 2007 databases each with some links to tables in
the other. When I upsize to SQL Server, each database is fine. But the links
to the tables in one still point to the other (which now is a SQL table). I
can't seem to get the DBs to convert the link to the other DB to point to the
SQL table. Any help?

Also, when I upsized, it did not change to an ADP. Any way to convert from
accdb to adp?
--
Thanks,
George
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 4 May 2010 15:17:01 -0700, George H
<GeorgeH(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You'll have to fix those links manually.

Full disclosure: unlike many of my MVP colleagues I am a big ADP fan,
but I have seen the writing on the wall. In our company we now use
ODBC-attached tables to an ACCDB or MDB rather than ADP, because MSFT
doesn't seem to be all that interested in ADP anymore.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: George H on
Not the answer I was looking for, but thanks. In the database tools, object
dependencies works well on objects in the database and linked tables from
other databases, but does not seem to work on ODBC linked tables, such as
these SQL tables. Is there another place to get this same information?
--
Thanks,
George