From: Chris Wood on
Hi,

We have a solitary SQL2008 Enterprise Server and we thought that changing
the connection color would help to distinguish between production and other
levels of servers would help.

The server is running SP1 CU6 build 2757 and this is what we see.

If we define an SQL2005 server under the Local Server Groups we can set the
color connection and it stays. If we define the color connection under
Central Mangement Server we can define the color connection but if we logoff
the SQL2008 server and log back on the color connection has been dropped.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks

Chris

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Unfortunately, yes. The colouring is only done when you right-click reg
server and open query window. No colouring logic is performed if you later
re-connect. I believe there are 3:rd party tools that are smarter - can't
say which, though...

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp