From: Rudy Steyaert on
I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)

The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
ID no: c103b404
Exchange System Manager

When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.

Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?

TIA
Rudy Steyaert

From: Peter De Tender on
Rudy,

I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the
overall "default web site" in IIS.

If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force SSL
on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb.

As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making
use of the IIS-features in background, they try to use SSL for this as well.

However, this is not supported in the ESM... even not by installing the
SSL-certificate on the server itself locally.

Feel free to post your status afterwards.

Kind regards,

Peter

From: Nuevo on
Someone may have attempted to create Secure Newsgroups using the Public
Folder functionality. You need to investigate this also.

Nue

From: Rudy Steyaert on
Thanks Peter
Removing SSL from the Exadmin folder does the trick !
I'm not sure if this is a save operation in the context of OWA, but since I
can't connect to this folder from the outside I don't think it hurts.
Kind regards
Rudy

"Peter De Tender" <peter.detender(a)uptime.be> wrote in message
> Rudy,
>
> I assume this is related to the fact you specified HTTPS / SSL on the
> overall "default web site" in IIS.
>
> If SSL is configured for your Exchange OWA, it's only necessary to force
> SSL on the Exchange FOlder, not the Public or ExchWeb.
>
> As the Public Folder properties in your Exchange system manager are making
> use of the IIS-features in background, they try to use SSL for this as
> well.
>
> However, this is not supported in the ESM... even not by installing the
> SSL-certificate on the server itself locally.
>
> Feel free to post your status afterwards.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Peter
>

> "Rudy Steyaert" <Rudy_Steyaert(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I get the message (Exchange server 2003 SP1)
>>
>> The SSL certificate server name is incorrect
>> ID no: c103b404
>> Exchange System Manager
>>
>> When I try to open the propertie-page of any public folder.
>>
>> Does anyone knows of a way to correct this ?
>>
>> TIA
>> Rudy Steyaert

Pages: 1
Prev: id c1032751