From: Daisy on
Does anyone know why I getting this error when using MS migration assistance
for Oracle tool 'Exception during processing: System.Data.OracleClient
requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater'? I have installed
the oracle client 10.2 already. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciate. I
have been struggling for days. This is driving me CRAZY!
From: John Bell on
Hi

Are you using the latest verson of SSMA?

microsoft.public.sqlserver.migrationassistant may be a more targetted
newsgroup for this post although I didn't see anything about this sort of
issue in there.

John

From: Daisy on
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I am using the latest version of SSMA.
I may post the question over there. I did not see the discussion group before.

From: John Bell on
Hi

You may want to try doing an installation on a "clean" machine that does not
have any client tools already on it!

John

From: Daisy on
The problem is I have just tried uninstalling the oracle client and reinstall
the oracle client again. It did not work. I am clueless right now.