From: Abba on
Hello,

[SQL2008] & [Oracle 10g]

Iam trying to connect to an Oracle database from SQL2008 Reporting Services
but Iam facing an error. This is what I have done:

- Installed Oracle Client 10g software in the same machine as SSRS2008
- Configured and successfully tested Oracle service name. This is the
snippet from tnsnames.ora:

ORACDB =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ORACDB)(PORT = 9644))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = WINSYDB)
)
)

- I tested the Oracle service name with username: abba and it worked fine
- I was able to successfully tnsping ORACDB
- Now, I create a SQL2008 Reporting Services project
- Added a test rdl report
- Opened that rdl in Visual Studio editor
- New --> Datasource
- Select 'type' as Oracle
- Click 'edit'
- I give oracdb for 'server name'
- Then supply the same username/password
- When I click 'Test Connection', I get the error 'ORA-12154: TNS: Could not
resolve the connect identifier specified'

Any pointers would be very helpful.

tia,
AbbA