From: N_Cook on
John Robertson <spam(a)flippers.com> wrote in message
> N_Cook wrote:
> > In the pa of HH HA100 amp from 1974, probably ok but cannot find any
info on
> > it, just maybe STA6141, a bit indistinct
> >

> Perhaps a hi-resolution picture uploaded somewhere of the transistor?
>
> I see nothing in my 1979 D.A.T.A (Edition 46) Book for anything like
> ST*5141.
>
> Also who is HH?
>
> John :-#)#
>
> --
> (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup)
> John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
> Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

I will try photos of the logo later today
HH , logo H||H on my screen H 2 vertical bars H
http://www.hhamplification.co.uk/history.asp
I think H&H is a different company

From: N_Cook on
I decided to remove the cover on the output pair and the same shaded logo
there reads definitely STC, so presumably before the rasterfied form of
their logo. TO3 devices marked 9029 and date code also 7429

That 'dropped' piece of white in the TO5 logo stamps , at the end
(beware intrusive Java on this hosting site)
http://diverse.4mg.com/STA5141_logo.jpg
is consistent on all of the TO5 so perhaps a broken stamp
The STA 5141marked device is in an awkward position to photo.

Remnant of H&H I think is printed on the front Al girder, so not a different
company. When was the last time anyone saw a fully working ZnS
electrophosphorescent panel on these (not HA100) MA100 amps?
Is the oily feel but not oily smelling coating over the boards inside ,
broken down conformal coating, or owner squirting Snibbo (Spike Milligan TM)
everywhere

From: N_Cook on
Was it US STC = Silicon Transistor Corporation
or UK STC Standard Telephones and Cables
interesting info
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~wylie/STC/STC.htm
different logo again

From: Ross Herbert on

:
:That 'dropped' piece of white in the TO5 logo stamps , at the end
:(beware intrusive Java on this hosting site)
:http://diverse.4mg.com/STA5141_logo.jpg
:is consistent on all of the TO5 so perhaps a broken stamp
:The STA 5141marked device is in an awkward position to photo.
:
:Remnant of H&H I think is printed on the front Al girder, so not a different
:company. When was the last time anyone saw a fully working ZnS
:electrophosphorescent panel on these (not HA100) MA100 amps?
:Is the oily feel but not oily smelling coating over the boards inside ,
:broken down conformal coating, or owner squirting Snibbo (Spike Milligan TM)
:everywhere
:

This looks to me like STC - but not the ITT company. It is Silicon Transistor
Corporation http://freespace.virgin.net/matt.waite/resource/logos/logo4.htm

Page from short form catalog
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf/getfile.php?dir=Databooks-1&file=17-8.pdf&scan=
From: N_Cook on
I picked up my 1976 D.A.T.A transistor book , back face up and it has on the
back, a full page ad for Silicon Transistor Corporation devices, with that
logo (undisplaced C-top) but no reference to those sorts of numbers on that
page or inside pages. Maybe export versions