From: AGConMet on
I get the following error message every time Microsoft Office Project 2003
Standard (happens with and without SP1 installed).

The file "STDOLE2.TLB" cannot be found or contains a Visual Basic for
Applications library that is not valid.

Verify that the file name is correct, and then try again.

If the Visual Basic for Applications library is invalid, reinstall Project.

Now I have checked and the file exists in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.
It has a file version of 3.50.5014.0 and description Microsoft OLE 3.50 for
Windows NT and Windows 95 Operating Systems. This is on a Windows XP Pro
with Service Pack 2 installed.

I have tried to reinstall and same error message. Other then that Project
seems to work fine. I can't access the Macro Security menus but we don't use
them very often here.

Any ideas?
From: Jim Spiller on
You might try copying this file from another computer over the one on your
computer. It may be corrupt and simply needs to be updated. I'll send you
mine if you want to try it. It's the same version and I'm also running XP
SP2 with Project 2003.

Jim

"AGConMet" <AGConMet(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the following error message every time Microsoft Office Project 2003
> Standard (happens with and without SP1 installed).
>
> The file "STDOLE2.TLB" cannot be found or contains a Visual Basic for
> Applications library that is not valid.
>
> Verify that the file name is correct, and then try again.
>
> If the Visual Basic for Applications library is invalid, reinstall
> Project.
>

> Now I have checked and the file exists in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
> directory.
> It has a file version of 3.50.5014.0 and description Microsoft OLE 3.50
> for
> Windows NT and Windows 95 Operating Systems. This is on a Windows XP Pro
> with Service Pack 2 installed.
>
> I have tried to reinstall and same error message. Other then that Project
> seems to work fine. I can't access the Macro Security menus but we don't
> use
> them very often here.
>
> Any ideas?

Pages: 1