Prev: WMI
Next: Office XP SP3
From: Gerry Cornell on
Rock

Yes I can see the references to support you.

BTW the error message actually suggested chkdsk /f.

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Gerry Cornell on
And the answer to my question?

--

Regards.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England

Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Rock on
"Gerry Cornell" wrote

> And the answer to my question?
>
> "Rock" wrote

>> "Gerry Cornell"wrote
>>
>>> Good question Rock <g>!
>>>
>>> I think I intended posting in another thread where you are also
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> This is the dll -iertutil.dll

>>> "Rock" wrote

>> Lol..Ok.

That's associated with IE7. I really don't have any knowledge of that
program. That's why, if I remember the thread, I directed them to the
internet explorer newsgroup.

From: Rock on
"Gerry Cornell" wrote

> Rock
>
> Yes I can see the references to support you.
>
> BTW the error message actually suggested chkdsk /f.

> "Rock" wrote

>> "Gerry Cornell" wrote
>>
>>> Rock
>>>
>>> This documentation does not appear to support you:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true
>>>
>>> However, I know that Microsoft documentation is
>>> misleading at times. I have found other less
>>> authorative links probably written more recently
>>> supporting you.
>>
>>> "Rock" wrote

>> Yes I've seen that one. It doesn't address it directly. But some of the
>> others do. For example,
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/c28621675.mspx
>> Run it on one of your drives.

We always believe what the error messages tell us to do, right? :-) Since
/r includes /f, it was just taking it a step further and making sure there
were no bad sectors that could have contributed to the problem developing.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: WMI
Next: Office XP SP3