From: kikuzo on
Hi,

I'm looking for an application note or sample code to get started using
a TFT display with a Solomon's SSD1906 graphic controller.

I have a board with a STR912 on it that I'll use to interface with the
graphic controller and send commands and data.

Thanks in advance !!

H.K.

From: Spen on
kikuzo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for an application note or sample code to get started using
> a TFT display with a Solomon's SSD1906 graphic controller.
>
> I have a board with a STR912 on it that I'll use to interface with the
> graphic controller and send commands and data.
>
> Thanks in advance !!
>
> H.K.

I have just done this - str9 amd SSD1906. It is a daughter board to plug
into the Hitex STR9 starter kit.

I will send schematics if you give me a contact email.

Running Ramtex gui as it is low cost compared to others, also currently
porting microwindows. Display used is a Hitachi TX09.

Cheers
Spen
From: Spen on

From: kikuzo on
Hi Spen, great to hear from you..!!!

I've already connected the STR912 to the graphic chip SSD1906, but I
can only read even register/address locations. For odd locations I
only read 0xFF. I don't have very clear how to use the WE1, A0 lines.

I have not found much literature for the SSD1906 except for the
datasheet. I'll appreciate very much your help.

Regards,

Hideo.
n.o.s.p.a.m.kikuzo(a)gmail.com (remove no spam)

From: Spen on
kikuzo wrote:
> Hi Spen, great to hear from you..!!!
>
> I've already connected the STR912 to the graphic chip SSD1906, but I
> can only read even register/address locations. For odd locations I
> only read 0xFF. I don't have very clear how to use the WE1, A0 lines.
>
> I have not found much literature for the SSD1906 except for the
> datasheet. I'll appreciate very much your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hideo.
> n.o.s.p.a.m.kikuzo(a)gmail.com (remove no spam)
>
> Spen wrote:
>> I have just done this - str9 amd SSD1906. It is a daughter board to plug
>> into the Hitex STR9 starter kit.
>>
>> I will send schematics if you give me a contact email.
>>
>> Running Ramtex gui as it is low cost compared to others, also currently
>> porting microwindows. Display used is a Hitachi TX09.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Spen

These are my connections for the STR9-SSD1906 tft driver.

CS - STR9 CS0
BS - GND
RD RD/WR - STR9 RD
WE0 - STR9 EMI_WRL
WE1 - STR9 EMI_WRH
WAIT - NC
RESET - STR9 RESET_OUT
M/R - STR9 A17
CLKI - 25MHz STR9 ETHCLK OUT

I am using the 16bit multiplexed bus, so remember on the str9 the
address are shifted.
Because of this we need to connect SSD A0 to GND. The STR9 A0 to the SSD
A1 and so on.
2 M74HC573 are used as the address latches.

Hope this helps
Spen
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: ATSTK525
Next: I2C Firmware Code for TI MSP430F2013