From: machinamentum on
Hi,

I'm filling out a order to Digikey, and was considering ordering a
STK525 USB dev kit. I noticed however the STK525 has a TQFP socket. No
problem, I think, I'll add a couple of AT90USB's with a TQFP footprint
to my order as well. It looks like Digikey only has 2 types of
AT90USB's in stock, both in a QFN package.

Having no experience with TQFP sockets, any chance it will take a QFN
package?

Thanks
Chris

From: werty on

Hardware hack coming , i see all the big USB controller chips
replaced ,
Like M$ , Intel , they tried to control market , but USB methods
are in s/w , the CHIP is optional .

From: linnix on

machinamentum(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm filling out a order to Digikey, and was considering ordering a
> STK525 USB dev kit. I noticed however the STK525 has a TQFP socket. No
> problem, I think, I'll add a couple of AT90USB's with a TQFP footprint
> to my order as well. It looks like Digikey only has 2 types of
> AT90USB's in stock, both in a QFN package.
>
> Having no experience with TQFP sockets, any chance it will take a QFN
> package?

Nop, QFN is smaller than TQFP.

From: machinamentum on
Thanks, you saved me nearly $40 Canadian.

Chris

From: Anton Erasmus on
On 28 Dec 2006 11:13:52 -0800, machinamentum(a)gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm filling out a order to Digikey, and was considering ordering a
>STK525 USB dev kit. I noticed however the STK525 has a TQFP socket. No
>problem, I think, I'll add a couple of AT90USB's with a TQFP footprint
>to my order as well. It looks like Digikey only has 2 types of
>AT90USB's in stock, both in a QFN package.
>
>Having no experience with TQFP sockets, any chance it will take a QFN
>package?

I would say there is very little chance that it would work. The QFN
packages are a lot smaller than the TQFP packages. On an ATMEGA128
the QFN package is about 25% of the TQFP package.
You might be able to make a small PCB that wil take the QFN package
and fit into a TQFP socket.

Regards
Anton Erasmus