From: Rocky on
Hi All,

I want to move to something bigger than a Z80/8032/PIC which I use at
the moment. I would like about 50 MIPS, 1MByte Flash, 256KByte RAM -
possibly all external, integrated ethernet, 2 serial ports, enought
DSP capability to do 2 or so channels VOIP, the ability to self program
(bootloader) for remote update.

I have looked at ST, Freescale and Rabbit. The rabbit seems to be
almost a fit for everything except the VOIP.

Any ideas?

Regards
Rocky

From: Data on

Rocky wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to move to something bigger than a Z80/8032/PIC which I use at
> the moment. I would like about 50 MIPS, 1MByte Flash, 256KByte RAM -
> possibly all external, integrated ethernet, 2 serial ports, enought
> DSP capability to do 2 or so channels VOIP, the ability to self program
> (bootloader) for remote update.
>
> I have looked at ST, Freescale and Rabbit. The rabbit seems to be
> almost a fit for everything except the VOIP.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Rocky

Cirrus EP93xx?

From: Jim Granville on
Rocky wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to move to something bigger than a Z80/8032/PIC which I use at
> the moment. I would like about 50 MIPS, 1MByte Flash, 256KByte RAM -
> possibly all external, integrated ethernet, 2 serial ports, enought
> DSP capability to do 2 or so channels VOIP, the ability to self program
> (bootloader) for remote update.
>
> I have looked at ST, Freescale and Rabbit. The rabbit seems to be
> almost a fit for everything except the VOIP.
>
> Any ideas?

Depends how 'new' you want to go.
ST have ARM9 devices now,
Q1 2007 will see new Flash ARM9 devices from Atmel,
and also
http://www.coreriver.co.kr/product-lines/top_corerivermcu.html

The titan 2 from coreriver will give 1/2/4MBytes on Chip flash,
and 150MHz speeds.

-jg

From: Robert Sneddon on
In message <4585a3e8$1(a)clear.net.nz>, Jim Granville
<no.spam(a)designtools.maps.co.nz> writes

>ST have ARM9 devices now,
>Q1 2007 will see new Flash ARM9 devices from Atmel,
>and also
>http://www.coreriver.co.kr/product-lines/top_corerivermcu.html
>
>The titan 2 from coreriver will give 1/2/4MBytes on Chip flash,
>and 150MHz speeds.

Can anyone recommend a cheap ARM9-based demo board with software tools?
I'd like to experiment with this chip, play around with it and get an
idea about its architecture.
--
To reply, my gmail address is nojay1 Robert Sneddon
From: Jim Granville on
Robert Sneddon wrote:
> In message <4585a3e8$1(a)clear.net.nz>, Jim Granville
> <no.spam(a)designtools.maps.co.nz> writes
>

>>ST have ARM9 devices now,
>>Q1 2007 will see new Flash ARM9 devices from Atmel,
>>and also
>>http://www.coreriver.co.kr/product-lines/top_corerivermcu.html
>>
>>The titan 2 from coreriver will give 1/2/4MBytes on Chip flash,
>>and 150MHz speeds.
>

> Can anyone recommend a cheap ARM9-based demo board with software tools?
> I'd like to experiment with this chip, play around with it and get an
> idea about its architecture.

Look here ?
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=605

or search for the ST ones STR91X