From: Henry on
I'm running WinXP PRO SP2 on 3 computers with 2G RAM each. I'm
running SUPERAntiSpyware free addition on each of them.

Does anyone know why it takes SUPERAntiSpyware so long to load and
also to update the definitions? I happens on all three computers.
Once it's running it "seems" to go OK.

Thanks

Henry
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Henry" <wa0goz(a)arrl.net>

| I'm running WinXP PRO SP2 on 3 computers with 2G RAM each. I'm
| running SUPERAntiSpyware free addition on each of them.

| Does anyone know why it takes SUPERAntiSpyware so long to load and
| also to update the definitions? I happens on all three computers.
| Once it's running it "seems" to go OK.

| Thanks

Please don't Multi-Post.
Please learn to Croos-Post to pertinent, On Topic, news groups instead.

Why aren't your systems using SP3 ?
XP SP2 is near EoL.

--
Dave

From: VanguardLH on
Henry wrote:

> I'm running WinXP PRO SP2 on 3 computers with 2G RAM each. I'm
> running SUPERAntiSpyware free addition on each of them.
>
> Does anyone know why it takes SUPERAntiSpyware so long to load and
> also to update the definitions? I happens on all three computers.
> Once it's running it "seems" to go OK.

There is no real-time protection with the free version. Go see the
following page for features MISSING in the free version:

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

So maybe you are running a scan when you load SAS instead of loading its
on-demand (real-time) scanner which isn't in the free version.
Automatic updates are also not included in the free version.
From: Victek on
> I'm running WinXP PRO SP2 on 3 computers with 2G RAM each. I'm running
> SUPERAntiSpyware free addition on each of them.
>
> Does anyone know why it takes SUPERAntiSpyware so long to load and also to
> update the definitions? I happens on all three computers. Once it's
> running it "seems" to go OK.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry
..
Slow on my machine too. It seems to initially check for updates and is
unavailable until it's done. But as you say it runs fine afterward.

From: JD on
Henry wrote:
> I'm running WinXP PRO SP2 on 3 computers with 2G RAM each. I'm running
> SUPERAntiSpyware free addition on each of them.
>
> Does anyone know why it takes SUPERAntiSpyware so long to load and also
> to update the definitions? I happens on all three computers. Once it's
> running it "seems" to go OK.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

Have you updated to the latest version? I got an small update tonight
and now it says Version 4, 37, 0, 1000

It's a little slow to load and/or update but not so slow to be of a
concern. When you say "so long to load and also update" how long are you
talking about? Minutes, Hours?

--
JD..