From: john gaskell on
Hi,

The problem I have is that I work on SW2006 and have SW2005 at home. I know
that 2005 cant read 2006 files.

Are there any ways that I can read a 2006 model with my 2005 version.

I know if I convert them to iges or step. But I want to continue to edit the
model. So editing the designtree is crucial.

From: alphawave on
Easiest route would be to load 2006 at home

Kev

From: TOP on
Wish I had a nickel for every time that question was asked.

I'll bet this is the number one enhancement request .

From: Wayne Tiffany on
Nope.

WT

From: SW Monkey on

TOP wrote:
> Wish I had a nickel for every time that question was asked.
>
> I'll bet this is the number one enhancement request .

Yep. Asked alot. Should have been implemented a long time ago. I
know SolidWorks is alot more complicated than Excel or Word, but at
least an older version of Excel/Word allows you to open newer files.
If the document has a feature that is not supported by the older
version, then it should tell you its not possible to open. SolidWorks
doesnt even try to do this. If I make a simple flat sheetmetal part
with 1 hole in it, why cant I open it in an older version. Im not
using any fancy features.

If anything, it should at least give you the option to convert it to a
solid or other file format (When openinig the file)

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Toolbox Automation
Next: Free IGES Viewer?????