From: polishedball on
I have now socketed and swapped every chip on the main CPU board (with
know good); including the ones on the toycom(?) piggy back board.
Any idea if this could be a crystal clock issue? Should it be 1Mhz at
the dot clock? Am a a complete loss now all the transistors check
OK. Just curious where I can and should check the clock pulse. If
it is a crystal issue does anyone know of a replacement? It appears
to have 2 crystals soldered together on each other and I can;t make
out a part.

Carts don't work, there is a border, and swapping the kernal does
skew the color but it remains messed up. Ideas?

Thanks again for any input.

John