From: Peter Schepers on
>On Feb 14, 4:01�pm, DMackey828 <n2...(a)NOSPAMarrl.net> wrote:
>> Hey All,
>> Well, I went and did it, I drew up those PLA Adapter (Ray Carlsons)
>> and a 3 Kernal Rom boards �and had a few made.
>>
>> http://www.n2dvm.com/Boards.jpg
>>
>> http://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Top.jpghttp://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Bot.jpg

Hey, can you tell me where you got these boards made, and how much? I have
a few things I would like to have made but the minimum run amounts have
always put me off.

Peter Schepers, | Author of : 64COPY, The C64 EMU file converter
Info Systems & Technology | http://www.64copy.com
University of Waterloo, | My opinion is not likely that of the
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | University, its employees, or anybody
(519) 888-4567 ext 36347 | on this planet. Too bad!

From: Jim Brain on
On 2/16/2010 10:44 AM, Peter Schepers wrote:
>> On Feb 14, 4:01 pm, DMackey828<n2...(a)NOSPAMarrl.net> wrote:
>>> Hey All,
>>> Well, I went and did it, I drew up those PLA Adapter (Ray Carlsons)
>>> and a 3 Kernal Rom boards and had a few made.
>>>
>>> http://www.n2dvm.com/Boards.jpg
>>>
>>> http://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Top.jpghttp://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Bot.jpg
>
> Hey, can you tell me where you got these boards made, and how much? I have
> a few things I would like to have made but the minimum run amounts have
> always put me off.

www.barchpcb.com caters to small runs (1 board on up) at good prices,
but they (as the name suggests) batch them up, so timing is slow.

www.silvercircuits.com might be of interest.

Jim - uses ourpcb.com which does excellent work, and can do singles, but
it's $50.00 up front - Brain
From: DMackey828 on
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:30:10 +0800, "Clocky" <notgonn(a)happen.com>
wrote:
<Snip>

>They look good Dan, they look very good.
>
>I'm not sure how much of a market there would be for them, I guess it
>depends on the price. Jim sells his pretty cheap, could you get them down to
>that price level? If you supplied the PLA board fully assembled with a burnt
>EPROM as a drop in replacement you might sell a few since PLA's are such a
>common failure, but the price would have to be right.

Much appreciated on the comment Clocky. Thanks.

Well, At the monent, They would run around $3.50 each for the board
only. AT this time, I have NOT really looked around for a board house
BUT I'll take a look at the one Jim uses.

I used expressPCB to have them made. Cost me $85 for 3 board of 2.5 x
3.8. I had 2 each of the 3 Kernal rom adapters and the PLA adapters on
ONE of the boards. . I have pics posted to my blog of the board.

http://www.n2dvm.com/blog

From: DMackey828 on
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:44:16 +0000 (UTC), schepers(a)ist.uwaterloo.ca
(Peter Schepers) wrote:

>>On Feb 14, 4:01�pm, DMackey828 <n2...(a)NOSPAMarrl.net> wrote:
>>> Hey All,
>>> Well, I went and did it, I drew up those PLA Adapter (Ray Carlsons)
>>> and a 3 Kernal Rom boards �and had a few made.
>>>
>>> http://www.n2dvm.com/Boards.jpg
>>>
>>> http://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Top.jpghttp://www.n2dvm.com/3pos-Bot.jpg
>
>Hey, can you tell me where you got these boards made, and how much? I have
>a few things I would like to have made but the minimum run amounts have
>always put me off.

Hey Peter,
I got them made by expressPCB. http://www.expresspcb.com/

Only thing is, you have to use THEIR software. No where near as
nice as EAGLE but it's free and it works..

Funny thing about a message from you, I was trying to figure out a way
to make an Adapter for your XAP1541 Serial+Parallel Y Cable
but on a circuit board in a small project box, Just plug in the cables
and go. It's in my "ToDo List"

Have a good one...

http://www.n2dvm.com
ftp://www.n2dvm.com
From: Jim Brain on
On 2/23/2010 3:09 AM, DMackey828 wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:30:10 +0800, "Clocky"<notgonn(a)happen.com>
> wrote:
> <Snip>
>
>> They look good Dan, they look very good.
>>
>> I'm not sure how much of a market there would be for them, I guess it
>> depends on the price. Jim sells his pretty cheap, could you get them down to
>> that price level? If you supplied the PLA board fully assembled with a burnt
>> EPROM as a drop in replacement you might sell a few since PLA's are such a
>> common failure, but the price would have to be right.
>>

> Much appreciated on the comment Clocky. Thanks.
>
> Well, At the monent, They would run around $3.50 each for the board
> only. AT this time, I have NOT really looked around for a board house
> BUT I'll take a look at the one Jim uses.
>
> I used expressPCB to have them made. Cost me $85 for 3 board of 2.5 x
> 3.8. I had 2 each of the 3 Kernal rom adapters and the PLA adapters on
> ONE of the boards. . I have pics posted to my blog of the board.
>
> http://www.n2dvm.com/blog

I don't want to steal business away, but I can probably offer small
adapter boards for $1-$1.50/pc with discounts for bulk orders (20+).

I'm not a fan of ExpressPCB, since you're tied into their fab. For the
absolute lowest prototype price, I'd recommend www.batchpcb.com for US
folks. Other countries might have similar options. For DMackey's
boards, batchpcb would be ~$2.50 a board.

Jim