From: DMackey828 on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:04:08 -0600, Jim Brain <brain(a)jbrain.com>
wrote:

<SNIP>

>> I used expressPCB to have them made. Cost me $85 for 3 board of 2.5 x
>> 3.8. I had 2 each of the 3 Kernal rom adapters and the PLA adapters on
>> ONE of the boards. . I have pics posted to my blog of the board.
>>
>> http://www.n2dvm.com/blog
>
>I don't want to steal business away, but I can probably offer small
>adapter boards for $1-$1.50/pc with discounts for bulk orders (20+).
>
>I'm not a fan of ExpressPCB, since you're tied into their fab. For the
>absolute lowest prototype price, I'd recommend www.batchpcb.com for US
>folks. Other countries might have similar options. For DMackey's
>boards, batchpcb would be ~$2.50 a board.
>
>Jim

I can redraw them in what ever I need to get them as cheap as
possiable.. I was thinking about redrawing them in EAGLE anyways..

From: DMackey828 on
Just ordered another Batch of boards. Did some updates and fixed a few
mistakes I made...

Can't wait to get them. If these are good, Then It may be time to
order a 100 of each to sell...
From: BruceMcF on
On Feb 23, 3:04 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
> I don't want to steal business away, but I can probably offer small
> adapter boards for $1-$1.50/pc with discounts for bulk orders (20+).
>
> I'm not a fan of ExpressPCB, since you're tied into their fab.  For the
> absolute lowest prototype price, I'd recommend www.batchpcb.com for US
> folks.  Other countries might have similar options.  For DMackey's
> boards, batchpcb would be ~$2.50 a board.

For the benefit of folks accessing Usenet w/Google Groups, the
autolink URL:
http://batchpcb.com/

I noted with interest:
http://batchpcb.com/index.php/Products/9389

HD44780 compatible LCD's are appealing because they have a nybble
mode, so with correct wiring seem like they could be be driven
directly by the User Port, using four bits for data and four bits for
control.
From: Clocky on
BruceMcF wrote:
> On Feb 23, 3:04 pm, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
>> I don't want to steal business away, but I can probably offer small
>> adapter boards for $1-$1.50/pc with discounts for bulk orders (20+).
>>
>> I'm not a fan of ExpressPCB, since you're tied into their fab. For
>> the absolute lowest prototype price, I'd recommend www.batchpcb.com
>> for US folks. Other countries might have similar options. For
>> DMackey's boards, batchpcb would be ~$2.50 a board.
>
> For the benefit of folks accessing Usenet w/Google Groups, the
> autolink URL:
> http://batchpcb.com/
>
> I noted with interest:
> http://batchpcb.com/index.php/Products/9389
>
> HD44780 compatible LCD's are appealing because they have a nybble
> mode, so with correct wiring seem like they could be be driven
> directly by the User Port, using four bits for data and four bits for
> control.

They certainly can, I have a HD44780 LCD with a user port connector that I
experimented with at one point. Worked ok.
There are few projects online for LCD to user port interfacing, one such is
http://www.64hdd.com/projects/c64-proj3.html#lcd64 though I haven't tried
that particular one.