From: Dan L. on
In article <michelle-4664BB.08360415122009(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> I can't receive any RSS feeds in Safari any more; whenever I access an RSS
> feed, I get the same error: �The operation couldn�t be completed. (PubSub
> error 202.)� (PubSub:202).
>
> I've reported this problem to Apple, but does anyone here have any idea of
> what is causing the problem?
>
> -- Michelle

No Idea with Safari. Try Apples Mail program for RSS feeds, Works well.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.
From: Ian Gregory on
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.system.]
On 2009-12-15, Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:
> In article
><doesnotwork-325F00.11072915122009(a)feeder.eternal-september.org>,
> "Dan L." <doesnotwork(a)goesnowhere145.net> wrote:
>
>> No Idea with Safari. Try Apples Mail program for RSS feeds, Works well.
>
> I've tried mail.app for RSS, and don't like it; I may have to go with a
> third-party RSS reader if I can't get it working with Safari.

I switched to Google Reader about 6 months ago and I am getting on
really well with it. You can "like" or "share" items if you are into
that, or star them to read later. You can look at stats about all your
feeds too, including things like how popular they are (based on number
of other people who subscribe to them in Google Reader). There is loads
of useful functionality and all your publicly shared items are viewable
by anyone, eg mine:

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/ianji33

People can even subscribe to an Atom feed of your shared items in any
RSS reader (if they use Google Reader themselves it is even easier for
them to follow you).

But even if you are not into the social aspect it might be useful for
you to be able to do your feed reading from any machine with a browser,
and it would solve your immediate problem too.

As long as you can export your current feeds then you should be able to
import them into Google Reader. It is of course free, and worth a try
(unless you have a particular aversion to Google of course).

Ian

Note, when I first started reading RSS (before Safari could handle it) I
used an app called NetNewsWire. Later they got bought by NewsGator and I
got a free NewsGator Online account. NetNewsWire synced with NewsGator.
Then NewsGator announced that they were closing their service and that
NetNewsWire would be updated to sync with Google Reader instead (since
so many people were already using it). I transferred my stuff to Google
Reader and tried the web interface, which was good enough that I decided
to forget abut a dedicated app and do all my reading over the web.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <michelle-4664BB.08360415122009(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> I can't receive any RSS feeds in Safari any more; whenever I access an RSS
> feed, I get the same error: �The operation couldn�t be completed. (PubSub
> error 202.)� (PubSub:202).
>
> I've reported this problem to Apple, but does anyone here have any idea of
> what is causing the problem?

I use NetNewsWaire. Works great! :)

JR
From: Tim Murray on
Michelle Steiner wrote:
> I can't receive any RSS feeds in Safari any more; whenever I access an RSS
> feed, I get the same error: �The operation couldn�t be completed. (PubSub
> error 202.)� (PubSub:202).
>
> I've reported this problem to Apple, but does anyone here have any idea of
> what is causing the problem?
>
> -- Michelle

Can't help, but I can suggest NewsFire. All it does is RSS, and it does it
very very well.

From: Tim Murray on
Cat wrote:
> but is Safari your standard RSS reader