From: VAXman- on
I applied a bunch of updates suggested by Apple. Now, I can no longer
drag images from web pages to my desktop. What gives? What's changed?

http://www.quirkfactory.com/popart/asskey/eqn2.png

From: VAXman- on
In article <00A96066.8ED4590D(a)SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>I applied a bunch of updates suggested by Apple. Now, I can no longer
>drag images from web pages to my desktop. What gives? What's changed?

Nevermind. For some reason, the Finder didn't start on reboot. Tough to
notice when you have a clean desktop. ;)

http://www.quirkfactory.com/popart/asskey/eqn2.png

From: jt august on
In article <00A96068.A12C49FD(a)SendSpamHere.ORG>,
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> In article <00A96066.8ED4590D(a)SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG
> writes:
> >I applied a bunch of updates suggested by Apple. Now, I can no longer
> >drag images from web pages to my desktop. What gives? What's changed?
>
> Nevermind. For some reason, the Finder didn't start on reboot. Tough to
> notice when you have a clean desktop. ;)

Ah, yes. Let's raise a toast to disorganization.

Cheers.

jt
From: VAXman- on
In article <starsabre-34A588.17320414122009(a)aries.ka.weretis.net>, jt august <starsabre(a)sbcglobal.net> writes:
>In article <00A96068.A12C49FD(a)SendSpamHere.ORG>,
> VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>
>> In article <00A96066.8ED4590D(a)SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG
>> writes:
>> >I applied a bunch of updates suggested by Apple. Now, I can no longer
>> >drag images from web pages to my desktop. What gives? What's changed?
>>
>> Nevermind. For some reason, the Finder didn't start on reboot. Tough to
>> notice when you have a clean desktop. ;)
>
>Ah, yes. Let's raise a toast to disorganization.

:D

There usually *is* something on the desktop but I was offered 2 firmware
updates today for my MacBookPro and its DVD drive, so I carefully put all
of the desktop items into a folder in my special projects folder and did
a backup of the disk prior to updating the firmware.

http://www.quirkfactory.com/popart/asskey/eqn2.png