From: Luca Olivetti on
En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> I'm attaching the complete level 10 log, here's an extract at the time

The complete log has been scrubbed by the list.
It's available here:

http://www.wetron.es/samba/log.txt

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133) Fax +34 93 5883007
En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

> Each one of them has problems, the most "stable" of the three is 3.3.12.
> This one seems to work fine for a machine already in the domain mapping
> shares to drives, but it hangs when trying to browse the server or to
> add a machine to the domain.

I now tried both to rebuild 3.0.11 (to see if there is some problem with
my build system), and it still works fine, and 3.3.0 (trying to bisect
when the problem was introduced) and it still fails the same way with a
slight difference:

> E.g.
>
> [luca(a)localhost samba]$ smbclient -L hp
> WARNING: The "printer admin" option is deprecated
> Enter luca's password:
> Domain=[WETRON] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.3.12]
>
> Sharename Type Comment
> --------- ---- -------
> print$ Disk
> privado Disk Directorio personal
> [....]
> scanner Disk
> IPC$ IPC IPC Service (Samba Server 3.3.12)
> ricoh2 Printer Equipo multifuncional con fax
> ricoh1 Printer Impresora para eplan
> [.....]
> deskjet5800 Printer Impresora HdP en color
>
> [here it hangs for a minute or so]

And here, after the minute, instead of this

> Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
> session setup failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)
> NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available

I get this:

Domain=[WETRON] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.3.0]

Server Comment
HP Samba Server 3.3.0

Workgroup Master
WETRON HP

And smbd dies (with 3.3.12 it also died but not until the next query).

I'm going to try earlier versions.

Bye