From: Luca Olivetti on
En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:

>> Each one of them has problems, the most "stable" of the three is 3.3.12.
>> This one seems to work fine for a machine already in the domain
>> mapping shares to drives, but it hangs when trying to browse the
>> server or to add a machine to the domain.
>
> I now tried both to rebuild 3.0.11 (to see if there is some problem with
> my build system), and it still works fine, and 3.3.0 (trying to bisect
> when the problem was introduced) and it still fails the same way with a
> slight difference:
[...]
> And smbd dies (with 3.3.12 it also died but not until the next query).

> I'm going to try earlier versions.

Up to now I've tried 3.0.37 (works fine) and 3.2.3.
3.2.3 still hangs a minute or so between the first and the second part
to the reply of smbclient -L *but* it completes the command, doesn't die
and otherwise seems to work fine.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.133) Fax +34 93 5883007