From: Jeremy Allison on
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:46:24PM +0100, Martin Hochreiter wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible that Samba 3.4 has some problems with offline folder
> synchronisation on windows 7 clients?
>
> I can't get it really working. I added this entries according to
> another user experiencing
> similar problems to the share:
>
> [homes]
> [...]
> create mask = 0611
> oplocks = yes
> level2 oplocks = yes
> map archive = yes
> map system = yes
> map hidden = yes
>
> So windows 7 starts the sync at least (before it cancels it
> immediately after starting it) but a problem remains:
> If I change one file offline OR online windows 7 complains a
> conflict because the 2 files have changed on serverside and
> offline!?
>
> I read that you can check if the samba version is too old for
> offline folders by searching for that lines in the samba log:
>
> ... I have that lines although I have Samba 3.4.4
>
> call_nt_transact_ioctl(0x901af): Currently not implemented.
>
> can somebody give me a hint please how I get windows 7 & Samba &
> offline folders working?

We did fix a bug in this recently (with Microsoft's help). But
it should definately be fixed in 3.4.4.

I'll take a look at this once I'm back with my full test environment
(next week). In the meantime can you log a bug at bugzilla.samba.org
so this problem doesn't get lost.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

> We did fix a bug in this recently (with Microsoft's help). But
> it should definately be fixed in 3.4.4.
>
> I'll take a look at this once I'm back with my full test environment
> (next week). In the meantime can you log a bug at bugzilla.samba.org
> so this problem doesn't get lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

Thank you Jeremey ... as we use offline folders intensive it's a little
bit annoying for us, you can imagine -
we will do some testing today with the newer 3.4.5 and if the
situation is unchanged, I'll open a ticket.

regards
Martin

> We did fix a bug in this recently (with Microsoft's help). But
> it should definately be fixed in 3.4.4.
>
> I'll take a look at this once I'm back with my full test environment
> (next week). In the meantime can you log a bug at bugzilla.samba.org
> so this problem doesn't get lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy, we don't had the issue with Samba 3.4.5 the last 2 days anymore.
If it occurs again somewhere on our clients i will open a bug ticket.

Thank you
Is this issue only related with Windows 7 clients or does it affect other
Windows versions too (I'm using Samba 3.4.3 version)?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 07:50:53PM +0000, nf-vale wrote:
> Is this issue only related with Windows 7 clients or does it affect other
> Windows versions too (I'm using Samba 3.4.3 version)?

The offline files bug was only reported against
a specific version of Windows Vista, but I wouldn't
be surprised if it affected other versions too.

Jeremy.