From: Jeremy Allison on
On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 01:48:20PM +0200, Daniel Müller wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> after al lot playing around with samba 4 . There are a few questions
> concerning
> the parameters left for the smb.conf. Where can I get a link to the
> parameters
> for read and write permissions and so on. It seems the old parameters are
> gone.

The Samba4 fileserver code doesn't have the same parameters
as the Samba3 fileserver code. Hopefully this will be fixed
when the merge of the Samba3 fileserver code into Samba4
happens. See here:

http://news.samba.org/developers/Samba_Team_Blog_3/

for details on the plan.

Jeremy.
> The Samba4 fileserver code doesn't have the same parameters
> as the Samba3 fileserver code. Hopefully this will be fixed
> when the merge of the Samba3 fileserver code into Samba4
> happens. See here:
>
> http://news.samba.org/developers/Samba_Team_Blog_3/
>
> for details on the plan.
>
> Jeremy.
Hello Jeremy,

according to the blog
"we believe this may be possible to achieve in 2010.".

Is this target still achievable ?
It is important for us, because we are one of the few places that did
not migrate to AD.

Thanks
Andreas