From: Alex Ferrara on
Hi all,

I have a strange problem, and I can't seem to solve it.

I have set up a Ubuntu 9.10 server with samba+kerberos to be an ADS member server. The PDC was a 2003 SBS server, and all was well.

Recently I added a 2008 R2 server standard to the mix, and promoted it as a domain controller. Ever since I did this, the samba server stops working daily.

I have updated to 3.4.7 out of the lucid tree, but it still has the same behaviour. After a few days of this happening, I have found that to get it working again, I have to perform a "net ads join", and it will magically start working. I don't even need to restart samba or winbind.

Does this seems to indicate that the kerberos side is ok?

Ideas?

Alex Ferrara
Director
Receptive IT Solutions